An Association of Herbal Practitioners
The American Herbalists Guild was founded in 1989 as a non-profit, educational organization to
represent the goals and voices of herbalists specializing in the medicinal use of plants. Our primary goal is to promote a high level of professionalism and education in the study and practice of therapeutic herbalism.
American Herbalists Guild Mission
- Honor diversity in herbal medicine, ranging from traditional indigenous models of herbalism to modern clinical phytotherapy.
- Establish AHG professional membership as a recognizable standard of competency in botanical medicine.
- Encourage the development of high standards of education that promote well-trained professional practitioners who offer high quality herbal care.
- Promote ecological health and increase awareness of issues surrounding plant sustainability.
- Strengthen the network of support and communication between herbal practitioners nationally and internationally.
- Foster high standards of ethics and integrity in the education and the practice of therapeutic herbalism.
- Promote cooperation between herbal practitioners and other health care providers, integrating herbalism into community health care.
- Serve as a liaison to other professional associations and regulatory agencies.
- Promote research in herbal medicine.
The American Herbalists Guild (AHG) was founded in 1989 as a non-profit professional association to represent the goals and voices of herbalists specializing in the medicinal use of plants. Their…
More about Registered Herbalist
General Members are individuals who are interested in herbal medicine and working towards professional status in the American Herbalist Guild. All General Members agree to abide by the Code of Ethics and…
More about AHG General Membership
14 Waverly Court
Asheville, NC 28805